Dividing a workflow transitions(statuses) between two scrum boards

Jag Per May 15, 2013

Is it possible to have two scrum boards where JIRAs marked as 'done' in one board become 'Backlog' for the other board?

For instance, assume the work flow transitions to be "Open/InProgress/Reopened --> Resolved --> Closed". I have one board for the development team and another board for Testing. In the Dev Team's scrum board 'Resolved' status is mapped as 'Done' and in Testing Team's scrum board. 'Resolved' status is mapped to 'ToDo' and 'Closed' to 'Done'.

Since the filters in these two boards cannot be mutually exclusive (Resolved issues need to be in both the boards), I doubt if I can create two independent scrum boards where sprint creation in one does not impact the other. I think I can overcome this by turning on parallel sprint but I prefer not to use that as it allows each board owners to start mutiple sprints on their own which may cause other process issues for us.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jag Per May 28, 2013

Per Atlassian Support's answer to my other support JIRA, it seems what I am trying to do cannot be achieved in GH at this time.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2013

Hi Jag,

I think the issue here is trying to have varying degrees of "Done". There should only be one point where the issue is closed/done.

If that's the case, you can have a Coding done/Ready for QA status that is the last column on the development team's board. The issue isn't resolved, but it can now be transitioned through additional steps on the QA board (which has a different filter to pick up only these issues).

To do this, you just need to avoid marking the issue as resolved before it truly is.

Does that make sense?

-dave

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2013

Suggest an answer