Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Display the Image of the attached file in the Search

How to display image of attached files in JQL searches ?

When I do a JQL search, I would like to visualize in a column the image of the files that are in the attachments of the issue.

1 answer

Hi @mg_rullier

welcome to the community!

You can add an "Images" column to the Advanced Issue Search view (Columns ➡️ search for "Images"); however, it appears as it would only show one image per issue. Depending on your use case, this may do the trick.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 1.02.29 pm.png

Another thing to consider is that there are better solutions available on the Atlassian Marketplace. E.g., I know that an Images column is available in Structure, and it's also available in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira. In both of these apps, the images are shown as relatively small thumbnails, but you can open a full view easily by just clicking on these thumbnails.

This is how this looks in action in JXL:

image-column.gif

Hope this helps!

Like Dave Rosenlund _Tempo_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,048 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events