Display tasks with time spent more that estimated [next-gen project]

Max Romaniuk May 28, 2020

Hello! I was looking for a solution for a few days and haven't found anything that applies to my project.

I've found a workratio field, but I don't have a such in my project.

My environment: next-gen project, Kanban. Using backlog & sprints features - working in Scrum. 

What I'm trying to accomplish: a view, where user can see a list of tasks on which time spent is more than estimated. I have time estimate in "Story point estimate" field and time spent in "Time tracking" field (time tracked is coming from Hubstaff <> Jira integration). Ideally, list should show the newest tasks that are out of estimate at the top. I think it may be a view on Dashboard. 

Why it's needed? CEO wants to see on what tasks team spent more time than estimated.

How I can accomplish that? Will appreciate any help. Please share your experience and use cases

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2020

Hello @Max Romaniuk ,

Currently the work ratio JQL function detailed at the bottom of the "Advanced search reference - JQL fields" documentation is what you are looking for but it is only avaliable for use in Classic Projects at this time as it requires the project to have Time tracking enabled to use the work ration search functionality.

And while the "Time Tracking" field was recently added to next-gen as part of the following feature request:

It is still under construction, and the option currently allows for logging time and adding the initial estimate it does not yet have full time tracking capabilities integrated for the extended tracking options.  To enable time tracking in the next-gen projects, the following requests will need to be implemented:

Also keep an eye on the "What’s new in Jira Software Cloud" public road map which is where we keep track of the upcoming and recently shipped features for next-gen, and do note that "Adding Time Estimates to your issues" is currently listed for the "in the works" items to be released in 2020 and includes the above mentioned features, but please still do make sure to add your vote to the features to help influence the priority that they will be addressed based on continued interest as covered in the "Implementation of New Features Policy" .

If this is an immediate need I recomend using the project type of a Classic project until the feature is fully implemented so you can use the work ration function for reporting.  Details on converting a project to a classic project can be seen in:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events