Display status label on the Backlog

Raphael Bendenoun November 6, 2018

Hi, 

I would like to add a status label on my backlog items, in order to know directly from the backlog, the status of my stories (To do, In progress, done, QA, closed) and not have to click item-item to get the status.

Is it possible? 

Thank you 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

Hi @Raphael Bendenoun,

You can configure cards on a board to display up to three additional fields. The fields can be different for the Backlog and Active sprints, if you are using a Scrum board.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customizing-cards-764478020.html

Hi @Ollie Guan, thx you for your answer, I was able to add the status of my stories.. but it kind of killed the UX of my backlog.

Right now the label is under the story name.
Would it be possible to move it on the right side close to the epic name ?
Is it possible to give label BG colors to the status ? if In Progress --> yellow, if done --> red ect...

Thx you very much 

raphael 
Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.32.48.png

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

That is how it works, labels below. Without changing the code you can’t have it appear elsewhere.

@Jack Brickey How can I change the code?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2018

I can’t help you with that TBH. I would search Community for solutions to change backlog display layout. Maybe there is an addon that can help. Unsure.

Chris Addison January 6, 2022

Having the Status as one of the main fields on the right would be massively useful - Atlassian please sort it out!

I agree with the original poster that having to have it underneath really messes up the screen as it pretty much halves the number of items you can see on screen at a time, and colour coding the status would be really helpful too. It's kind of one of the most important bits of information and we waste so much time having to click in to each ticket just to see exactly which stage they're at.

I find Jira is incredibly frustrating like this, there's so much that can be customised but yet it still manages to make certain things rubbish.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

@Chris Addison , I recommend you use the in-app feedback link to share your thoughts directly with Atlassian.

Gideon Rybier March 28, 2022

The strange part is that the status label is on the right with each item in a team project whereas it is below the summary in a company project.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2022

just different designs/implementations

Gideon Rybier March 28, 2022

Exactly, should be made configurable.

Like Nadia Dehkordi_ MBA likes this
1 vote
Deleted user March 29, 2023

Hi, 

Is there a JIRA ticket concerning to display status on the right in backlog view ? 

Thanks

0 votes
Alex Agranov May 15, 2023

Please add this.

0 votes
Grégory GIROLD October 28, 2022

Is there a jira ticket to vote on concerning this?

Suggest an answer