Display only subset of versions in JIRA Agile Scrum board planning tab?

Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

Howdy all! I'm looking for a way to limit the version "drop zones" displayed in the planning tab of the Agile Scrum boards? So that only a certain subset of all the project's versions will appear?

I know of course we can filter out issues, but I'm trying to limit the version "drop zones" that are visible in that view.

5 answers

2 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

You can do this by archiving the fixversion in the project admin section. I know this probably isn't what you were looking for, but that would limit the view of version they would see in the agile planning board.

They can then be 'unarchived' whenever you do want them to show up there and have issues assigned to them again.

Issues that are assigned to that fix version before it's archived will stay assigned to that version, but any new issues will only be able to be assigned to unarchived versions.

This does require some more manual intervention, but totally possible to do it this way.

BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2014

in addition to this, you can add some Quick Filters to control which issues you get on the board.

fixVersion >= latestReleasedVersion()

0 votes
Dan Bish July 2, 2019

Putting this here too since I can't erase my comment above:

I am trying to get them filtered out of the board (the versions panel) and not just the backlog.  Any idea how I can do that with 20 teams on the same project?  I can use scriptrunner to easily take care of the backlog, but the list/panel just isn't filtering

0 votes
Bharat B Mittal June 13, 2019

when this feature is expected?

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2014

This seems best-handled using a JQL query that specifically excludes/includes certain versions in the Agile board. This would achieve exactly the outcome you're seeking.

The alternative is to wait for a product enhancement from Atlassian, but I suspect because of the relative ease of the proposed solution that the aforementioned product enhancement won't be prioritized or available any time soon.

Dan Bish July 2, 2019

I am trying to get them filtered out of the board (the versions panel) and not just the backlog.  Any idea how I can do that with 20 teams on the same project?  I can use scriptrunner to easily take care of the backlog, but the list/panel just isn't filtering

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2014

Hi Justin, I see that there is a request to something similar to what you're trying to achieve. However it's closed due to not enough information to develop this improvement.

I would suggest that you post your comments there explaing how you would like this functionally and our developers may reconsider implement this change.

Cheers

Suggest an answer