Display all my assigned issues in epic based swimlanes board

Korbinian Donhauser May 28, 2020

Hey! I'm trying to do something rather simple that my entire team can use. I would like to have a board of "my issues" that displays all issues that are assigned to one. The query is as simple as "assignee = currentUser()". The sorting of swimlanes is based on epics. 

However, on the board it only shows the issues that are 

a) linked to an epic that is assigned to me 

b) linked to no issue at all

but does not show the issues linked to an epic assigned to someone else.

Would greatly appreciate help on this. 

Thanks 

Korbi 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2020

Hi @Korbinian_Donhauser , welcome to the Community. I’m a bit confused. At first blush it appears that the board is doing what you initially stated was you requirement but your last comment “but does not show the issues linked to an epic assigned to someone else.” contradicts your goal, seemingly.

if you use assignee = currentuser() then only issues assigned to the current logged in user will be on the board. Isn’t that what you Are wanting?

Korbinian Donhauser May 28, 2020

Thanks @Jack Brickey for the prompt reply!

I have some epics that are assigned to my colleagues, yet tasskss within those epics are assigned to me. Those are the tasks that the board does not display, when sorting wsimlanes by epics. 

Is my problems more clear now?

Thanks 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2020

Ah I see. The conflict is that the epics are assigned to others. Can you test leaving the epic unassigned? Or maybe try this filter for board...

issuetype != epic and assignee = currentuser ()

Need to play with this a bit if neither work and will do so when I have a moment.

Korbinian Donhauser May 29, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey , unfortunately none of these options work. Also, leaving the pic unassigned would not really be feasible anyhow. 

Would be great if you found some time to play around with this. Looking forward to your solution! 

Korbinian Donhauser June 2, 2020

Hey @Jack Brickey do you happen to have any updates on this? 

Thank you very much!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2020

Just spit-balling here...something to play with...

Assignee = currentUser() OR "Epic Link" is not EMPTY AND assignee = currentUser()

Korbinian Donhauser June 2, 2020

Unfortunately this leaves me with the same problem / outcome

Korbinian Donhauser June 5, 2020

Hey @Jack Brickey

Would be cool if you could share any way for me to move forward with this. I'm kind of stuck since a week now. 

Thanks 

Korbinian Donhauser June 10, 2020

@Jack Brickey  what's happening here? Can I expect any more help on this or should I spare my efforts? 

Suggest an answer