Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Display Subtasks from Next-Gen project on Company-managed project's scrum board

Hi there,

My team is working mainly with a Company-managed scrum project to track development tasks related to our product. The project is set up with a backlog and a scrum board, and we are making massive use of Sub-Tasks.

In addition to this main project we do have a Team-managed project in order to track non-product related tasks. This project is set up as a business project. We do not use the project's own board, issue views, or any other project related features.

We then configured the board filter of our main project (company-managed scrum software project) to include all tasks from our team-managed project as well and mapped the workflow status to our board columns. Everything seems to work fine with one exception: Subtasks from tickets of the team-managed project do not show up on our scrum board, all other issues from the team-managed project are being displayed correctly. Subtasks from tickets of the company-managed project are being displayed, too.

The question now is, if we can make subtasks of the team-managed project work on our scrum board which is based in a company-managed project? Thanks for any hint on this!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jun 17, 2022

Hi,

I believe this might be a bug.  We have an issue where we are tracking this specific scenario over in JSWCLOUD-23145. That ticket specifically calls out the use of swimlanes, which for issues in company managed projects can then display the subtasks under the stories, when the swimlane is sorted by stories.

But because of the way that team managed projects are built differently, I believe that the team managed subtasks are not being correctly identified here. 

The only way I could see to work-around this would be to move this data from a team managed project into a Company managed project.  Steps to do that are in Migrate between team-managed and company-managed projects.  There are some caveats to consider about a data move like this.  There is the potential to lose some features and/or issue data in a move like this.  So this is not necessarily a quick and easy work-around here.  I would invite you to watch that bug ticket for updates here.

Andy

Hi Andy,

thanks for the swift reply. I'll subscribe to the linked issue and check back for updates from time to time. Would be great to see improved interoperability between TMP and CMP in the near future.

Best, Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,460 views 37 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you