Recently we migrated some projects from jira server to jira cloud using cloud migration assistant. And while adding people to a particular project I could see two options as administrators.
2. Administrators (migrated)
What's the difference between these two?
And people who have added to these roles will they be able to edit workflows?
Hi @Kavitha K
The clue is in the naming of the second group
this is the administrators group that existed on your Jira server instance and rather than replace the existing Cloud administrators group with unforeseen circumstances it is migrated and flagged so that you know.
Now to be able to answer the question about who can edit workflows requires you to look at the permissions for the two different administrator groups.
Personally I would look to do a clean up exercise as follows (the perfect opportunity to check and make sure there are no folks with inappropriate permissions).
1. Make sure the Cloud administrators group has all the correct permissions for that role.
2. Add members from the Migrated administrators group into the Cloud administrators group as appropriate
3. Remove any members from the Migrated administrators group that should no longer have those permissions.
4. Delete the Administrators (migrated) group.
Hello Community! Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events