Develop own software access management project

Praveen Bansal January 7, 2022

We want to develop Jira project to provide / remove and track all company software, tools, SFTP etc accesses to employees. For each access we will raise ticket that will go through approval process. Also at any time we should be able to find any employee details; to what all applications and for each environment (Development, QA, Production...) and since when he/she has access. If removed report should give access From-To date. If you have any pointers, docuemnt please share  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi Praveen,

Atlassian does not provide a tool for the types of things you are trying to do. 

Praveen Bansal January 8, 2022

Thanks John. But I'm trying to capture below in some way using Jira S/W and not Jiew Srvc Mngmt:

3 Paremeters as below:

1. Application (Wahuz, AWS, Client SFTP, Jira...)
2. Environment (Development, QA, NA, Production...)
3. Roles (Read-only, Manager, Administrator, Super-User,...)

Whenever someone want access wil raise ticket providing 1 of the valuie from each of #1 and #2 and choosing 1 or many value from #3

If someone can help how this can be achieved using few of available items; Epic, Sprint, Story, Sub-task

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2022

Thanks, Praveen for some clarification. What exactly happens after they choose the values? What exactly do you want Jira to do? 

Praveen Bansal January 9, 2022

I want to develop a system where employee can raise ticket choosing Software, Tools, SFTP, along with environment (Dev, QA, Prod)..different ticket for each environemnt. Along with this they should select role/s needed.

I can simply achieve by creating different Epic for each Software and then various Stories e.g. Epic = SW ABC, Story under it as SW ABC Prod. And then various sub-tasks whenever someone need access; 1 sub-task per employee.

Whenever we have to revoke acess I can select appropriate sub-task and change status to deactivated and enter deactivation date.

I'm looking if there is any better solution to this in Jira

At any time I should be able to generate few reports; who all currently have access to each applicaton, when was someone access activated/deactivated,... 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Yes, you should be able to create custom fields for the information you want to track and then use automation rules to keep the information updated. 

Praveen Bansal January 12, 2022

Yes John; I have used existing Jira features, custom fields, automation. Thanks.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Praveen Bansal ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Jira service management provides task approval functionality along with asset management solutions.

Manage your assets and configuration items with Insight 

Kind Regards
Utkarsh

Praveen Bansal January 7, 2022

Thanks Utkarsh but I'm looking for access management. I'm aware of Asset Management in Jira. Need to develop Access management where we can provide and remove access to our company internal applications, external applications like AWS, Jira, Confluence, Wajuh, SFTPs...should be able to produce report anytime who all have which application/ tool access, when it was provided etc. Please suggest  

Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

For Atlassian, i am only aware about Atlassian Access, with which you can achieve any or all of the following:

• Access offers uniform user and policy management for all cloud products and supports compliance with company guidelines.
  • Access protects your company through improved security and compliance controls with secure authentication methods, comprehensive insights into audit logs and better control over API tokens.
  • Access optimizes lifecycle management for users. Synchronize users and groups from external directories and provide these accounts centrally for all products.
  • Access connects Atlassian and its identity systems and thus ensures more security and control of your products in the Cloud.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 222901.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events