Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Dependency: moving "wait on" card B when I move the card A that the "wait on" depends on

if I setup a card  A with a date and I have a subsequent card B with Dependency as " wait on" card A and I have to move my card A on the right on the timeline, in a Gantt project when I move the A the automatically moves as well. In the Planaway I see that the card B doesn't move and if I move enough the card A on the right the I only get an alert because the connections line becomes red. 

Is there any way to have the card A and card B grouped together? Thank 

1 answer

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 13, 2022

Hi Guido - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should be able to implement an automation rule to change the value of the Due Date in the linked card when the Due Date value of the other card changes. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,817 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you