Deleted Comments and attachments in a story

Tobi Itebe August 24, 2022

Hello! We have a user who's is stating that she completed a story and all comments and attachments related to the story were deleted. Is there a way to determine why it was deleted and is there a way to retrieve the data?

1 answer

2 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Tobi Itebe welcome to the community.  Was the story itself deleted?

Tobi Itebe August 24, 2022

Hello @Craig Nodwell and thank you! The story was not deleted, just the content. 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Tobi Itebe you won't get the content back but you should be able to view the history of the changes to the ticket.  This will give you an idea of what changed, when, and by who.

Like John Funk likes this
Tobi Itebe August 26, 2022

Hello @Craig Nodwell I checked the history and activity and do not see the comments/attachments that the user states were deleted. I also do not see that any comments or attachments were deleted. 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

Wellll @Tobi Itebe don't know what to say --- the system doesn't self delete 'deletes' .. maybe the user did their work on a different ticket.....

Tobi Itebe September 2, 2022

Thank you! This is what I suspect as well. 

Suggest an answer