Delete of some issues / links time out and never complete

david-guild December 12, 2019

Hello,

Sometimes I am not able to delete an issue or a link on certain issues.  It simply "times out" and never completes.

I would like to troubleshoot this issue, but I am not finding an errors / warnings in any of the logs I have looked at.

I must not be looking at the right log?

Where might I find information about why a request is timing out?

1 answer

0 votes
Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

If you have proxy setup on this server,  you might get time out.

go to local host of Jira server, try to run on that server itself.

or check with support, they will help with timeout issue.

Hope that helps.

david-guild December 13, 2019

Thanks for responding.  No Proxy ... so far support has not been helpful.  I even tried to delete though postman, but that was an abject failure as the api did not appear to recognize the "delete" verb and just kept "getting" the issue with a response of 200.

By Brute Force, I tracked down the issue to being related to "links" ... and in one case it was the link to the epic that caused the problem.  Removing the link to the epic allowed me to delete both the child issue as well as the epic.

I am still looking to find out which exact log files I should be looking at to make sure I am covering the right bases.

Suggest an answer