Delete a user with associations..

sergio negrete March 18, 2014

Hi Everybody, How can i delete a user which has associations in Jira Agile without removing all that associations ? . in fact i have to delete a user which has 78 associations, which are comments.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2014

Removing the users application access will prevent the user from being able to log into the instance whilst preventing it from counting towards your license limit. Removing the user from usergroups and project roles can prevent the user from receiving notifications on existing content on the instance. Manual changes are in your case (since you use OnDemand) not possible, though neither should it be needed.

0 votes
sergio negrete March 30, 2014

Thanks a lot guys for your help, thw workround worked.

Thanks again.

0 votes
Sven [Dione Technology]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

One Workaround could be disable the user.

- user association still here.

- user is not anymore usable

- user not appears in license count

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2014

You can't.

Remove them from all groups and roles, mark them as inactive, and change their name and email address to something to make it clear they have left. That's the best you can do (without SQL hacking)

sergio negrete March 23, 2014

OK, thanks, but with thal solution, (and correct me if i am wrong) i will always have a user marked as inactive, In my case it seems that i will be losing 1 user, I have the on demand licence with 10 user and the reason i want to delete is becasue i want to reasign the user.

Thanks

Sergio

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2014

Users who can't log in do not count towards your licence usage.

Suggest an answer