Delete a customer account JIRA Service desk

Michael Jonker March 12, 2021

We have a customer in our project who has a double account, I guess one is made with an e-mail and one true our portal. When I open the user's profile I get an error it does not exist. See the added file. 

When I open our project settings a go to users, there is only one account available, the one that's correct. I deleted the double account, but when a new item is created I can still select the double account. 

Is there a way I can delete or disable a users account? Screenshot 2021-03-12 102959.png

I look forward to hearing from U. 

1 answer

2 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2021

Hey @Michael Jonker ,

Those customers don't exist in the users so that's why you get the "unable to find user" error.

You should however be able to see these customers in the "portal only customers"

https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/manage-jira-service-management-customer-accounts/

Under your admin.atlassian.com you should see this entry:

image.png

There should be all portal only customers and you are able to delete them. 

Peter Fredebold June 26, 2023

Thank you for this screenshot - it helped me finally find this relevant Section.

In the current Admin Experience, I can find this located under Products -> mysite -> Jira Service Management -> Portal customers.

This is notably NOT under where Jira Administration links me to when looking for "User Management", aka "Directory", where I see our Users, Groups and Managed Accounts.

chrome_c0ZrYsYaYI.png

Cheers!

Suggest an answer