Default Personal Filter Sharing

Tamara_Blake April 28, 2021

In Data Center and Server I used to be able to set default sharing of my filters and dashboards in my user profile. I can't find this in Jira Cloud. Is this possible?

For example in Cloud:

1. I create a filter and it defaults to private.
  2. I then have to manually set the sharing

In Server:

1. I could go to my profile and change the default sharing to what I wanted
  2. Thereafter all filters I created would default to the what was specified in my profile.

Thanks if you can let me know how this works in Cloud.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi Tamara - Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

Unfortunately, what you have described is the only process for sharing the filter in Cloud.

Tamara_Blake May 4, 2021

Thanks for your quick response. Is there a way to change this globally in Cloud?

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

No. 

Ondrej Kvinta June 3, 2022

Hi @John Funk , 
we have same problem. Everyone was use to use JIRA this was, but after migration it is really terrible. Why does not it configurable? 

Thank you
Ondra

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2022

Hi @Ondrej Kvinta 

You should create a new question so more people will be able to respond. Also, please provide more details in the new question.

2 votes
Mary Van Nostern June 27, 2021

HI @John Funk  - is this on the Atlassian Jira Cloud roadmap to make configurable?  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events