Dear team, iam getting like this error please tell me how to solve it, and how to unlock my user id?

Dilliprasad March 15, 2021

Problems with your import

Here's a summary of the import process

An error occured during the import process.

Import again with a different backup file or get in touch with our support team. Include the steps you followed, along with any unique characteristics of your Jira setup.

• Jira is locked for import but no import could be found. This is likely to be a temporary issue and should clear up within one minute. If you continue to see this error, please contact support.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Hello @Dilliprasad,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Searching for logs on your site, I didn’t find any error in the past 7 days. 

When was the last time you tried to import on this site?

I will share with you the workaround for the most common cause when importing to a Free site. Usually, this error is related to the number of users being importing what causes the “license exceed” error. 

You can edit the entities.xml file to remove the users. Please, let only your account and the sysadmin account on the file. 

On the entities.xml, users will show as the example below:

<User id="12345" directoryId="1" userName="user" lowerUserName="user" active="1" createdDate="2018-12-13 19:41:47.381" updatedDate="2018-12-14 19:41:45.769" firstName="User" lowerFirstName="user" lastName="User" lowerLastName="user" displayName="User" lowerDisplayName="user" emailAddress="user@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="user@domain.com" credential="nopass" deletedExternally="0" externalId="123456:a78901b2-c34d-56e7-f8g9-0h1i2j345k67" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

You can remove the users by deleting from < to />.

After that, save the file and zip it again to import to the site.

If it still shows the error, please let us know the time you did and your timezone, so we can better filter the logs.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Dilliprasad ,

If you are not on a Free plan you could contact Atlassian directly through a support ticket:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact

If you however, are on a free plan I'll see if we can escalate this to them.

Dilliprasad March 15, 2021

Hai  @Dirk Ronsmans  iam in the free plan can you please help me how to solve this.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Sure, I'll see if I can pass it on.

In the meantime maybe some questions so we have more information already.

The import you are doing, is it:

• an older version of the same system?
  • a backup from a server version?
  • a different cloud system?
  • anything special about that backup that you are importing? 
  • have you tried taking a new backup from that system and importing that? (with 2 files (data and configuration)
  • Does it give you any clue to the error or just this generic message?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events