Dashboards and reports errors

Lissette Ind. Pimentel S. July 11, 2021

hello community, I am having two problems. I currently have all administrator permissions and also I'm using Jira web, not local app.

For some reason, several of the projects that I have don't show me all the gadgets that I want, of course, I really have access to those projects and also have all the permissions, but yet the next three don't load:

2222.PNG

With the same project, you can see, that if I go to the reports part, the burndown and burnup part give me this error that says: start date is before 1900 UTC. I'm actually in Dominican Rep. the correct format is GTM-4, and is the one configured on this projects and others. (there's other project where I can see those reports, don't know why this happend with some)

mmm.PNG

please, if somebody have faced this, help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

Hi @Lissette Ind. Pimentel S.  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Typically that means that you do not have access to the filter that was used by the gadget. Whoever creates the dashboard has to share the dashboard with you as well as each filter used by each gadget in the dashboard. 

Lissette Ind. Pimentel S. July 13, 2021

Hi, thanks for reply,

those filters are some of the standards, e.g. :

• Days Remaining in Sprint Gadget
  • Sprint Health Gadget
  • Sprint Burndown Gadget

Where can I find the filter for these three gadgets? are exactly the three that give me this error.

I add them to the dashboard but they are not seen, so if it's as you comment and I need to have permissions on their filters, where can I see the filters of those gadgets that I add directly to the dashboard?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

You have to be able to edit the dashboard - meaning you have to be the owner. Then you click the 3 dots menu in the upper right of each gadget and select Configure. That is where you can see the name of the filter being used. 

For Sprint related gadgets, those are based on boards. So you would need access to the board (meaning the board filter is shared with you). And you might possibly need to have Manage Sprints permissions in the permission scheme for that project. 

Lissette Ind. Pimentel S. July 13, 2021

Hi again, I'm the owner of the dasboard, and also of the project, so I have access to the sprint, board and anything

When I Press to configure the gadgets, I choose the filter I create for my board, that is componed in this way:

project = BVNT AND issuetype in (Bug, Epic, Story, Task, Sub-task) AND status in (Done, "In Progress", "In testing", "To Do") AND Sprint = 92 ORDER BY Rank ASC

afavva.PNG

I choose this for the 3 gadgets I mentioned before: 

• Days Remaining in Sprint Gadget
  • Sprint Health Gadget
  • Sprint Burndown Gadget

But it still throws this: bdf.PNG

Also, I have the administrator permision, and have the permision for my own board, dashboard and filter. And still throws that, what possible step I could be missing?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

So you are go directly to the board and see the information on it just like you are putting in the gadget? 

If so, I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian to see if they can find the reason.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post back here with the resolution so future readers will know and we can close this one out. 

Lissette Ind. Pimentel S. July 15, 2021

thanks, I'll do that.

Like John Funk likes this
Lissette Ind. Pimentel S. July 19, 2021

Hi, thanks a lot, the Issue was resolved by the Atlassian support team.

I needed to to reset or update the date format configuration updating the javascript date formats to match. To make the javascript date formats match the java ones you need to follow up the indications of the Atlassian Support:

• Open the Advanced System Settings
  • Set the jira.date.picker.javascript.format to %d/%m/%Y and click on Update
  • Set the jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format to %d/%m/%Y %I:%M %p and click on Update

After reload and update the dates of my sprints, the Burdown report loads correctly and also de Dashboards gadgets.

Thanks a lot @John Funk  and @Alexandre Furtado 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2021

@Lissette Ind. Pimentel S.  - If this took care of it, can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events