Dashboard

alexandra.grudzien June 21, 2021

Hi, 

I am the administrator in Atlassian at my company. I want to change ownership of a dashboard, but it seems impossible ... I have asked the person who created the dashboard to share it with me and I can go in to the dashboard and see everything. However, I can not get the dashboard among my "shared dashboards". The board is not for everyone, it is closed for a project group, but from what I can see I am in the group aswell, it should work? I even asked the person who is now owner of the dashboard to change the ownership, but without succes. 

What do I do? 

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Hi @alexandra.grudzien 

Any Jira admin can change the Owner of a Dashboard, by going to System > Shared Dashboards. There can only be one Owner of a dashboard, which means that this is the only person who can edit/share the dashboard.

It sounds like the dashboard might not have been properly shared with the suitable groups. If you go to Dashboards > View All Dashboards, are you able to find the dashboard and see what groups/roles/projects is under the Access column? If you can see this here, then it should be shared with you.

If the Owner of the dashboard is not able to share it with the right users, then you might want to ask your Jira admins to temporarily change the owner of the dashboard to someone else so that it can be shared correctly

alexandra.grudzien June 22, 2021

Hi, no I can't find the dashboard when I click on "View all dashboards". So probably it is shared wrong?

I have asked 3 people in my group to share the dashboard with me, the owner of the dashboard, the Administrators of the dashboard and my other college who also is organisation admin and somehow I can't still see it. I think they don't know how to share it correctly.

How do the share it correctly to me? Can they only share it with me or do I need to be in the project group aswell?

Kind regards, Alex

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

@alexandra.grudzien  A dashboard can be shared with any/all roles in a project (you will need to have a role in this project), a group, any logged in user in an organisation, or with the public.

The Owner of the dashboard will need to follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Dashboard
  2. Within the dashboard, they should click on the 3 dots in the top right and click Edit and Share.
  3. The group/project should be selected from the dropdown, then click on the 'Add' button (this can sometimes be overlooked, and without clicking on Add, the dashboard has not yet been shared)

If you are in this role in the project or in the group selected, then you should be able to see the dashboard. If you want to view the full instructions about Dashboard sharing, see here.

alexandra.grudzien June 22, 2021

A user of the board has shared the board with me but I can't find it as you described in your first comment... But is it only the Owner of the dashboard who can share it so I can change the owner on the dashboard?

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

@alexandra.grudzien I'm fairly sure that only the dashboard Owner can edit who the board is shared with, but any Jira admin can change this Owner.

If the dashboard has been correctly shared with you and you are wanting to find it, you go to Dashboards > View All Dashboards, then you can search for it here

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events