Dashboard keeps getting corrupted. Shows “Sleep 3 &”

Jesse Borden (Jay) October 18, 2017
I have to keep deleting odd dashboards in order to get my system dashboard to function. The system dashboard will show “; x || sleep 3 &” in a few spots with empty gadgets, but when I delete this dashboard my original working dashboard will come back to life. I need to remove this spontaneous dashboard every day and it’s annoying and worrisome for anything else that might come later spontaneously.

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Any other symptoms in Jira?  Sluggish performance?  Have you gone into system to review things such as Java Virtual Memory?

Can you tell us a bit more about the environment?  Platform, Jira Version, etc?

Jesse Borden (Jay) October 20, 2017

Any other symptoms in Jira?

No

Sluggish Performance?

No

Have you gone into the system to review things such as Java virtual memory?

Yes, everything is at least 26% Free, except for the metaspace which shows 0%.

All integrity and health checks pass in JIRA.

Can you tell us a bit more about the environment?

JIRA 7.5.1, this was also happening on 7.5.  I try to stay updated to the latest version.

Centos server(latest updates & upgrades) with PostgreSQL database. I update the server daily. The server shuts down every morning for 2 hours for backups. I only use the Java prepackaged with the software. I also use an Apache Web Server with a certbot SSL certificate on the Web Server. 

I first noticed the issue around the time I installed the Git Integration for Jira plug-in, but even after uninstalling that, the same issue still comes up.

C537A5B1-C555-433B-9211-1471AE1B9F13.jpeg8BF1A2A0-B462-44A3-842A-98F4364CBD12.jpegF0DF3A52-404B-4210-86E0-1FCFF1BDAF00.jpeg340A33A2-61B7-4B7B-AA23-2934DBA39A8F.jpeg

340A33A2-61B7-4B7B-AA23-2934DBA39A8F.jpeg 

3E04BA44-37D5-47AE-8B31-41311A9C424B.jpeg

Removed

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2017

Metaspace is as designed to be functioning at 100%

Can we take a look at the default dashboard settings?  Lets see if there's any gadgets that weren't removed from the git integration add-in.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-the-default-dashboard-802592292.html

Jesse Borden (Jay) October 21, 2017

Everything there looks normal. No Git remaining. Less than 20 gadgets. Perhaps this is a database issue?

These two dashboards keep getting spontaneously created. When I deleted these, everything goes back to normal....

1C190F59-8602-4099-8918-3886FCF3CC81.jpeg

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2017

Could be, Almost curious enough to reinstall the plugin and see what happens.

Other than that, I'd suggest escalating it up to atlassian with a support request.

Jesse Borden (Jay) October 23, 2017

I selected restore defaults under Manage Dashboards, then ran the vacuum and indexing directly from the database. I tried that before without selecting restore defaults first. 1 day so far without issues. Too soon to see if that fixed it.

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2017

lets see what happens.  Curious to hear about day 2 for you as well.

Jesse Borden (Jay) October 25, 2017

It’s still working fine. No additional issues. 

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2017

Awesome!

Suggest an answer