Dashboard gadget to show real time sum of logged time per issues belonging to a sprint

Jordi Ascolies May 22, 2013

Hello,

Using Jira 5.0 & Greenhopper 6.1 we are using Scrum boards to cover our 3 weeks sprints (6 simultaneous teams thus sprints).

These sprints can be populated of User Stories issuetypes (with estimated/remaining story points) AND Kanban bugs (with time logging).

I would like a Dashboard to monitor (at a glance, the 6 different teams) the real time sum of logged times of their Kanban, and, if possible, obtain a trend graph in order to see if they are increasing or decreasing their dedication to these types of issues.

Can someone please help me?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
YC Lian May 23, 2013

Can I know how are you drawing the burndown (by points or by hours)?

You can do this with burndown chart per board (for single Sprint) and an aggregated board (a read-only board that its filter contains all backlog items of all Scrum boards). Let me know if you need more clarification.

Jordi Ascolies May 26, 2013

Hi YC Lian,

We are drawing the burndown (User Stories) by points and the burnup (Bugs) by hours.

This said, I would need a bit more of clarification, indeed. Many thanks for your reponse,

Jordi.

Jordi Ascolies May 28, 2013

Hi YC Lian,

We are drawing the burndown (User Stories) by points and the burnup (Bugs) by hours.

This said, I would need a bit more of clarification, indeed. Many thanks for your reponse,

Jordi.

YC Lian May 28, 2013

You can do this with burndown chart per board (for single Sprint)

With the GH burndown, I don't think you have problem with this one.

An aggregated board (a read-only board that its filter contains all backlog items of all Scrum boards)

Set up a new board, make sure that its filter returns a result that is an aggregation of all issues in all the 6 boards. You should only use this board as view, and plan/start your Sprint in their respective board as you have always been doing (I suppose).

Suggest an answer