Dashboard bug backlog burndown until a 900 tickets

Maria Ciugurean August 31, 2022

Hi everyone, 

I hope you'll be able to help me on this one.

I would like to add a gadget on my dashboard to track th eevolution of the bug backlog.

Let me explain my case.

- I have 1500 tickets in my backlog

- Targeted backlog :  900 tickets

- My backlog is labeled with the label = backlog_team

I would like a view like the image attached (I know it's excel and it might be complicated to get this view)

If someone already had this problem and found a solution let me know!

ThanksCapture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2022
Hi Maria,

Thanks for posting the Atlassian Community!

I understand that you are looking to create a line graph that shows over time how your backlog is getting completed towards a specific target. The issues are flagged with the label 'backlog_team'.

Within Jira natively there is not a graph that would be able to display this information in the manner you are looking for currently. The closest thing I believe out of the box would be to use the Sprint Burndown chart.  But this would require your backlog to be in a sprint.  So I do not think this is going to solve your issue.  

I believe solution would be to explore potential Marketplace Add-ons. The Atlassian Marketplace has many reporting add-ons by our partner vendors that extend the reporting functionality of Jira to be able to potentially build custom charts and reports like what you are looking for here. One such example if the eazyBI Reports and Charts for Jira.  I don't know if this specific add-on would provide you the functionality you are looking for, but this is an example that extends reporting/charts functionality in Jira. I would encourage you to take a look at the Reporting section of the Atlassian Marketplace to see if there is an add-on that might provide the type of graphs you are looking for.

Best,
Andy

Suggest an answer