Dashboard are no longer editable or duplicable.

Mac January 25, 2021

We are trying to update some older dashboards and are no longer able to edit, copy, or save. Permissions look right. The editing user is a global admin.

Is there a bug in the system?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

I haven't seen an issue but that doesn't mean there isn't. ;-)

What exactly are you seeing? Can you go to admin > system > shared dashboard and see if you can find it, check owner and maybe reassign?

0 votes
Deleted user March 18, 2021

Hey Atlassian, You guys need to change the settings back.  We need multiple people to have access to the dashboards.  Please fix.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi Roxie, first note that i'm not w/ Atlassian, that said I don't ever recall where dashboards would allow others to edit. They belong to the creator and only that user can edit. The site admin can change the owner of a shared dashboard. With that said, if you think there is some regression or you simply want to make a suggestion you might use the Feedback link or contact Atlassian Support.

Deleted user March 18, 2021

Yes they did allow it.  We did it 1.5 years ago.

0 votes
glen pascual March 1, 2021

I am still having this issue.. i am not able to edit dashboard that i own.  Can someone help me..  Thanks so much

I click the 3 right dots and only see edit and share, but i am not able to click on the actual gadget to change/modify the filter etc.. like  i use too

Glen

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

please share a screenshot of this. if you truly own the dashboard you should be able to edit. if you cannot then I would refer you to Atlassian Support so they could log in and have a look. Does this happen on all boards? Can you try to copy the board and see if the issue continues? Do you have and addons that might be coming into play?

glen pascual March 1, 2021

dashboard.PNG  Here are some attached pics..  i recall before i could click on the gadget and be able to modify the filter etc... dashboardedit.PNG

0 votes
Mac January 25, 2021

@John Funk without changing any settings or permissions I simply unassigned it then reassigned it. Now everything is working as normal. Looks like I may need to do the same with the rest. I contribute it to stale user permissions? Maybe from the updates that have happened the past year? Either way, all is well! Thanks for jumping in so quickly.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

Hey Mac - Only the Dashboard owner can update the Dashboard. You will need to change the ownership if you are not the owner. 

Got to Settings > System > Shared Dashboards

Mac January 25, 2021

Thanks, @John Funk but I am the owner and creator. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

What are the options you see when you click on the 3 dots menu in the upper right side? Can you include a screen shot? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

Great - glad you are up and running again with it. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events