Dashboard - Jira issues calendar - is is possible to also show backlog issues?

Elle January 17, 2019

I use the Jira Issues Calendar on my dashboard and currently it only showing my in progress items. Is it possible to also display backlog issues in this view?

issues calendar.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

Hi Elle, i'm not sure what you mean exactly by "backlog". Is that a status? The calendar is a capture of every issue on the day it was created regardless of status. For example I can go back to December and find an issue created on say 12/14 and clicking it now will show it Resolved.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

but wait maybe the issue here is that the filter you are using "Basecamp Filter" is only showing issues that are "In Progress"? If that is the case you simply need to widen your filter or create a new filter and new Calendar gadget for your "backlog".

Elle January 21, 2019

Yes backlog is a status for un-started issues. And yes editing the filter was the trick. Cant believe I missed that - Thank you so much for you help! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2019

Great Elle! Please consider clicking the “accept answer” button above.

Suggest an answer