Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

DONE issue are no more visible

Goodafternoon,

I had a small problem in seeing the issues in "DONE" status in the colums of the Workflow.

They are visible for some days, after they disappear, but they are still present as a closed ticket in the system.

How can I unmark then to let them be visible again ?

Thanks

4 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Sep 07, 2021

If you were asking about done issues disappearing from a board then this will certainly happen depending on your project type, board type and underlying filters. For example, if you have a CMP what they can't band board you may have a sub filter that will age done issues off of the board after X number of days or weeks. If you have a TMP project issues are aged off after 14 days I believe.

Adding to what @Jack Brickey said, for a Company Managed board the display of issues in the Done column can be affected by any of the three items pointed at in this image:

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 12.56.20 PM.png

0 votes

I also have the same issue here, and I do not have Hide Completed issue older than on my Board settings.

To be honest, this is a very bad situation. My done tasks disappear, and I need them to keep reporting on current status, as the product release date is not arrived yet.

The fact that I spend some hours trying to first find my issues, and then trying to change this configuration with no luck is simply bad.

And the previous replies here along the line that "this is how this is at the moment" are simply not good enough. My project will fail if I have the same type of answers to my client requests. And Atlassian may loose a client too.

Any ideas as of why I can't configure this, so that my Done tickets do not disappear from my Board?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 25, 2022

Hi @Flávio Ivan , whether your Done issues are aged off the board depends on a a few things. Moreover, your ability to influence this and how you influence it depend on this same factors. I will try to guide you but without understanding your current details I can direct you precisely.

First, the reason for aging completed Issues off of a board is so that the board can stay manageable. In most scenarios having tens if not hundreds of done issues displayed on the board makes the board difficult to manage. This is why Atlassian has provided methods for aging those issues off. With that background let's dive into some details.

• if you happen to be using a JWM or business project then it comes with a default non-configurable board. In this case there is a built-in aging I believe of 14 days. Now, this is influenced not by when the issue was moved to Done but when it was last updated. What that means is if I have an issue that has been in the done status for 20 days it will have been moved off of the board. However, if I come back and edit that issue in some way it will appear back on the board.
  • If you are using TMP I believe the same behavior applies as described for JWM boards but I don't use these projects much and the behaviors change as Atlassian continues to evolve TMP.
  • This brings us to the CMP JSW projects. In these traditional projects you will have more of a fully featured board. These boards can be configured through the board settings by clicking on the… In the upper right hand corner. If you happen to be using kanban then if you go into the general tab of the board settings toward the bottom you should find the "hide older than" sub filter. However, you will not see this in a scrum board. The reason for this is that while scrum boards deal with sprints typically two weeks long the kanban board has no concept of that and continues forever. Obviously a board that never clears itself would become unmanageable fairly quickly. This is why you need the means of hiding old done issues.
  • Finally it is worth noting that you do have the ability to create a configurable traditional kanban or scrum board that is not directly associated with your given project and still have a present all the necessary data for said project or projects. The way this is done is create a board based on a filter that you have created and saved. The difference is you must associate this with your profile by using the Location field when creating the board. You can then create a shortcut in your project sidebar to this new board, making it accessible to all members of the team.

With all of this said if you could provide more details with where you fall into the above I might be able to provide more guidance if necessary. 

Hi,

On team managed project I have the same issue, tickets with the status closed are not visible anymore. Compared to CMP I don't have or see the board setting as shown above. 

Is it possible to change this behaviour on a team managed project ?
Currently using the default Sales pipeline template (work management).

Kind regards,

Arif

It is not possible to change this in Team Managed projects at this time.

@Trudy Claspill ,

Thank you for the quick response

@MASSIMO VALIANI 

1. Open board where you want to see close ticket and go to the Board configure settings.

2. search for Hide Completed issue older than and Select Show all option from drop down.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,251 views 35 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you