I am currently running a POC of EasyAgile Roadmaps for Jira Software Data Center edition. The product is amazing, beautiful, and fit right into our instance nicely, however we have 2 things that are greatly limiting our ability to use the tool:
1. How can I customize the details on the card view? I want to include a custom field that we include on cards in the standard board view
2. How can I customize the details on the "preview" window when I click the issue key of a card? We have a handful of custom fields that map to the primary data points we use when looking at these things, and I can't find any way to add them like I can add them to the issue preview options on the board.
I searched through the limited docs, and could not find anything talking about how to customize these, and could also not find any settings on the add-on config or when viewing the roadmap.
Thanks for reaching out.
1. Unfortunately we are unable to customise the layout of the cards displayed on the Roadmap as we require Atlassian to expose the Card Layout Jira Software API.
We have an outstanding issue raised with Atlassian to expose this API. If you had a minute to spare, we would appreciate your vote on this issue to help us bump this up Atlassian's backlog.
2. The issue preview editor currently shows the following fields:
The editor can also display any single-line text or number custom fields. In order for these custom fields to be displayed in the issue preview editor, those custom fields must be on the 'Edit Issue' screen. For other fields on the 'Edit Issue' screen, it's a matter of us building support for more field types. Are there any particular field types that are important for you to see?
Developer, Easy Agile
1. Thats a super bummer, especially considering you don't appear to be using OR honoring Atlassian's card layout, but rather rolling your own. If you are rolling your own, then why do you need their API's? If you are using theirs, then why do you need API's if I can just customize on the board already?
2. Another super bummer, what use do single line text or number fields provide for reporting and consistency when they are so free form? Why not drop down fields? This seems like a much more applicable use case.
Even then, you said it "can" do it, but did not offer any insight into "how" to do it. I have 2 fields showing up that I don't want to show up, and no indication for how they got there or how to remove them, or how to select any of the other fields that qualify according to your description.
In addition to drop down fields, if you support "Assignee", then it would stat to reason that any other user picker field would be great, so we can show things like "PO", "Scrum Master", "Designer", etc.
Also, one more thing. Having to put a field on an "edit" screen in order to "view" it seems odd. Why not use the "view" screen to honor the "view"?
In our case, we specifically take things off the edit screen and protect them by permission based workflow actions in order to provide field level security. This was taught at Summit to be the industry best practice, but your solution is not compatible with this best practice.
Any insight into that?
1. The issue is that we can't request the Card Layout from Jira to match the displayed fields. So we've stuck with a constant layout which matches the default Jira card layout (as far as I'm aware of) instead of adding a second layer of configuration that we'd want to get rid of later.
2. I understand your frustration, and we definitely need to invest more into this functionality but we started with the core fields and custom issues types that we could reuse code for. This was so we could get the most value to our customers.
I've added your vote for dropdown fields to the appropriate issue on our backlog, so we can reach out once that field is supported.
As I said, we're using the Edit Screen, so the reason those two custom fields are showing up is because those fields are on the Edit Screen and we support their field type(s).
The reason we don't support generic User Picker fields yet is because the Assignee is it's own system field type so it's not as simple as reusing the code. I've added your vote to support User Picker fields, and we'll reach out as well.
3. That is an excellent question that I've raised with the team. I've also raised an issue on our backlog to investigate using the View screen instead.
I hope this helps answer your questions.
Developer, Easy Agile
My name is Teagan and I'm a Product Manager on the Easy Agile team.
This release includes support for the following fields in the issue view:
We're looking forward to hearing any feedback or questions you have about this release!
Thanks Jeff, have a great day
Product Manager - Easy Agile
In order to see those fields on the issue view in Easy Agile Roadmaps, your Jira Admin will need to add them to the screen being used by your Project.
Here is a link to an Atlassian doc which walks you through how to add a field to a screen.
I will update our release notes and docs to make sure this is clearer - thank you for letting us know!
Thanks Steve, please let me know if you have any difficulty
Head of Product - Easy Agile
Thanks for trying Easy Agile Roadmaps!
You will be able to schedule issues on your Roadmap by changing the dates if you've got date-syncing enabled. The easiest way to tell if you have date syncing set up is: if there is a blue "bell" icon in the app header, date syncing isn't enabled yet. Here's a guide on how date syncing can be enabled in Easy Agile Roadmaps.
To then change the dates using the in-app issue view, you'll need to make sure that the date fields are on the Issue Screen. @Teagan recommended this Atlassian doc which walks you through how to add a field to a screen.
If you have the date syncing enabled and the date fields on your Issue Screen, then you'll be able to schedule issues with the date fields instead of being limited by drag-and-drop.
Henri Seymour, Developer @ Easy Agile
Hi Atlympics, have you tried this add-on for Jira- "Zephyr Squad". If not than it's one of the known and popular plugin for test management activities. Link to the plugin: zephyr squad&...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events