Customized state in the backlog

icalvelo April 12, 2023

Hello,

I have a team-managed project with 4 states in the kanban board (TODO, WIP, WAITING, DONE) and I have enabled the backlog option.

By default, the tasks in the backlog are in the same state as the tasks in the TODO (one on the columns of my board), but I would like to distinguish between them and assign them two different states. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hello @icalvelo 

With a Team Managed project Kanban board the issues on the Backlog screen are divided into two lists. The lower list is labeled "Backlog" and the upper list is labeled "Board".

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 10.47.30 AM.png

Issues can be in ANY valid status and appear in EITHER list.

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 10.48.44 AM.png

That is by design for Team Managed project Kanban boards.

To have an issue appear in the Board view you have drag it on this screen from the Backlog list below to the Board list above.

New issues created with the Create button from the menu bar will automatically be added to the Backlog list. If you want a new issue to go directly to the Board, use the +Create Issue option that appears at the bottom of the upper Board list.

You cannot customize this so that only issues in specified statuses appear in the Backlog list. That is only possible with Company Managed projects.

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023
icalvelo April 12, 2023

Hi @Mariana_Pryshliak_SaaSJet 

I've already seen that answer but it doesn't work for me because it is only for company-managed projects and I have a team-managed projects

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events