Customize fields in the issue move action steps

Ruwan Tharaka August 18, 2022

Hello Community !

Is it possible to filter what are the fields that we need to pop up to fill when moving an issue from issue type A to issue type B? in the same project but with two different field configurations, I found that not all the fields are visible that in the associated screens or the field configurations and fields are not mandatory.

The requirement is to hide the Feature field when from issue type A to issue type B? in the same project, but has to be visible and enabled in the issue 

1.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hi @Ruwan Tharaka - If I understand correctly, you have an issue that has been set as Issue Type A and you want to change it to Issue Type B, but as part of that change, you want certain fields to become mandatory?

If this is the case, I would add a validator to Issue Type B's workflow that the mandatory fields cannot be empty before transitioning to the next workflow status.  This doesn't make the field mandatory as part of the issue type change, but it does make it mandatory before any further action can be taken with it.

Ruwan Tharaka August 19, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall  

I need to manage the fields  that are visible in the below step,  as in the above image highlighted field is visible to update, the requirement is to hide it in the below step but to enable and visible in the issue view and edit screens  Capture.PNG

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Unfortunately, this is not possible.  The entire move process is hard coded.  It's always going to prompt for project/issue type and ONLY the project/issue type.

Like Ruwan Tharaka likes this
Ruwan Tharaka August 20, 2022

oh, I see, but why only some fields are visible not all the fields, 

like the "Root cause" field, there is another field named "Root cause theme"  it's not visible in the move process.

Suggest an answer