Customize cards in boards

Diego Klubok April 19, 2020

I saw the documentation on how to customize the cards on the board but I can't figure out how to choose which fields to show on the card and which not.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2020

Hi Diego - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

1. Go to Board Settings

2. Then go to Card layout

3. There you can add up to 3 fields. If there are already 3 fields listed and you want to change those, you have to delete one of the other ones first. 

Hi John,

I haven't a "Board Settings". I'm using a next-gen project. Where can I find it?

Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-19 a la(s) 15.41.13.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2020

Ah, this is Next-gen project. You are not able to customize cards on a Next-gen project board.  :-(

Sudhanshu Sinha May 6, 2020

Customizing cards are an important feature, at least for us. Is there any plans to include it in the coming releases?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

Hi Sudhanshu - I am not aware of Atlassian's timeline for this, but here are some links that might help you. The first is the roadmap for Jira products, including Team-managed projects:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen?_ga=2.104316484.513035551.1586779195-1313086432.1576012938#intheworks

The next two are open requests that you can vote for and follow as they related for being able to customize cards on Team-managed boards:

JSWCLOUD-17336 - Customise card layout

JSWCLOUD-17331 - General board settings

0 votes
Rachel Hamstra June 1, 2021

Please add the ability to customize cards in this new board style. I need to be able to customize the color to make priorities easier to see at a glance.

0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2020

Go to Board settings --> Card layout

select field & click add as shown in attached image(different for backlog & Sprint boards)

It depends on your requirement which fields to choose

30.JPG

Hi Shetty,

I haven't a "Board Settings". I'm using a next-gen project. Where can I find it?

Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-19 a la(s) 15.41.13.png

shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2020

You don't have board settings configuration in next gen project

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events