• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom window for flagged issues

In a Jira cloud instances, Is there any way to edit windows flag and add any other custom field to track easily the day when an issue is flagged?

Thanks. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Javier Yuste 

Are you asking if there is a way to see when an issue was marked as Flagged?  In a separate "window"/pane?

If so, the separate window/pane isn't possible, I believe.

Seeing when an issue was Flagged is possible by adding a custom field, perhaps FlaggedDate, and use an automation rule to set the field.  Then, display that custom field on cards on your board.  Ensure that you have a second rule to clear the field (as needed).

To learn more about automation rules, please look here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks @Bill Sheboy  for your answer, but this is not exactly what I am looking for.

What I need is, add a custom field at the flagged window, that it's will be mandatory. Each time a user flag a card, the window will be appear and need to complete the comment (that is the default field of the flagged window) and the new custom field (FlaggedDate).

After that, I can check the FlaggedDate field to know the date it were flagged all cards with "Flagged[Checkboxes]" is not EMPTY ORDER BY updated DESC"

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks for that information. 

The approach I was suggesting would automatically record the date/time an issue was flagged.  Once set, you can filter on the custom field as you asked.

Instead it appears you want to manually set a Flagged Date, which may be different from when the issue is flagged in Jira.  I do not belive you can modify the panel for setting the flag.  The alternative is to add the custom field, and set it manually on the issue view.

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Feb 10, 2021

Hi Javier - I am not aware of any way to do that. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,143 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you