Custom statuses don't appear in column configuration

Jon Abad August 1, 2013

Hi all,

We've been working to implement GH and so I've created a custom workflow scheme and attached it to my project.

This was done in a test environment and then imported the workflow XML into the production env.

Here are some of my statuses:

• Open
  • Reopened
  • Ready
  • In Dev
  • In QA
  • In Acceptance

statuses

The issue is that when i look in the board configuration, the statuses are not found in the "unmapped statuses" column or any of the actual columns.

Link to full size: http://screencast.com/t/5MQKOWyl1u

columns

What do i need to check?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2013

Have you associated the workflow with your project (via the workflow scheme)?

The GH screenshot is showing that the you're using the default workflow (or similar) for the project(s) in it.

Jon Abad August 1, 2013

Hi Nic,

Yes, i associated the workflow via the workflow scheme and am able to move stories into the new statuses.

Once i put it into the Ready status, the story falls off the board as the status is unmapped.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2013

Ok, that's expected, but now you have at least one issue in the new status, can you check the column config again and see if it's still definitely not there?

Jon Abad August 1, 2013

No, it doesn't change the available status to map.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2013

One last thing I can think of, and then I'm stuck. The definition of your board - is it for just this one project? If not, then could you (temporarily) create a board that looks at this project and no others? Then see if that has all the status?

Jon Abad August 3, 2013

Yes, the filter being used is just for one project.

When i make a new board for that project, all of the statuses are available so there must be some issue with the order of operations from creating the board and importing the workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2013

Sounds like you've hit a bug to me. I'd report this to Atlassian.

For what it;s worth, I've just tested my main installation with exactly this scenario and the new status I added appears in the "unmapped" column straight away. Hence my instinct that it's a bug.

Jon Abad August 4, 2013

I've come to the same confusing conclusion, i'm filing with Support now.

Thanks for the help!

1 vote
Jon Abad August 3, 2013

Yes, the filter being used is just for one project.

When i make a new board for that project, all of the statuses are available so there must be some issue with the order of operations from creating the board and importing the workflow.

Suggest an answer