Custom statuses don't appear in column configuration

Hi all,

We've been working to implement GH and so I've created a custom workflow scheme and attached it to my project.

This was done in a test environment and then imported the workflow XML into the production env.

Here are some of my statuses:

• Open
  • Reopened
  • Ready
  • In Dev
  • In QA
  • In Acceptance

statuses

The issue is that when i look in the board configuration, the statuses are not found in the "unmapped statuses" column or any of the actual columns.

Link to full size: http://screencast.com/t/5MQKOWyl1u

columns

What do i need to check?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Have you associated the workflow with your project (via the workflow scheme)?

The GH screenshot is showing that the you're using the default workflow (or similar) for the project(s) in it.

Hi Nic,

Yes, i associated the workflow via the workflow scheme and am able to move stories into the new statuses.

Once i put it into the Ready status, the story falls off the board as the status is unmapped.

Ok, that's expected, but now you have at least one issue in the new status, can you check the column config again and see if it's still definitely not there?

No, it doesn't change the available status to map.

One last thing I can think of, and then I'm stuck. The definition of your board - is it for just this one project? If not, then could you (temporarily) create a board that looks at this project and no others? Then see if that has all the status?

Yes, the filter being used is just for one project.

When i make a new board for that project, all of the statuses are available so there must be some issue with the order of operations from creating the board and importing the workflow.

Sounds like you've hit a bug to me. I'd report this to Atlassian.

For what it;s worth, I've just tested my main installation with exactly this scenario and the new status I added appears in the "unmapped" column straight away. Hence my instinct that it's a bug.

I've come to the same confusing conclusion, i'm filing with Support now.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, the filter being used is just for one project.

When i make a new board for that project, all of the statuses are available so there must be some issue with the order of operations from creating the board and importing the workflow.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

13,521 views 16 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you