Custom select list field values to act like a label when displayed.

JesseS September 1, 2017

I have a custom field created as Label type.  I then add a new field as a Select List (single choice) type to replace the label as I wanted more control over the content.  Now I'm missing some of the functionality of the label, specifically when it is being displayed, I can click on it and it brings up all the issues associate to that label.  I would like that same functionality when displaying the value of the select list.  Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

Jesse, I'm afraid it's not possible with standard jira, you can achieve this with some plugins

JesseS September 1, 2017

Thanks Gaston.  Is there one or two plugins you would suggest?

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

You can try with an script custom field of Adaptavist Script Runner, it requires a little of code.

Or you can give a try to a Calculated Text Field using Misc Custom Fields

JesseS September 1, 2017

Cool, I am already using Script Runner for its JQL functions, but haven't had the imagination to apply it to this case.  I'm capable of searching and reading docs if I have some idea to chase.  But of course, examples (Code to steal :-) ) are always best. 

Suggest an answer