Custom field

Puneet Varma September 17, 2018

I am creating a custom field called System and I have two values: Internal and External, but i want to link this field with another field where I select the value Internal and the other field will give me the list of values for the internal system only.  Is it possible to do this in Jira?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2018
Hello
If i understand well,yes it is possible you have to choose a cascading custom field it allow you to have on several child refering to one parent

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-a-custom-field-861253383.html

Let me know if you need some help
Regards
Puneet Varma September 18, 2018

Hi Mohamed,

Can you please direct to where in the custom field I need to to link another custom field, because I can't seem to find it in the link provided.

Thanks

Puneet

Puneet Varma September 18, 2018

Solved

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2018

Hi @Puneet Varma

I'm glad if i  helped you. Feel free to accept my answer to help other people with same issue.

Regards

0 votes
Puneet Varma September 19, 2018

If i understand well,yes it is possible you have to choose a cascading custom field it allow you to have on several child referring to one parent

Suggest an answer