Custom field is showing non manadatory field as mandatory

Soutam Roy February 5, 2021

I am unable to create a subtask for a parent issue as the sub task is asking for a field to be populated while the field is not mandatory and not showing up in the sub task form , How can i check this . Am a novice in JIRA admin roles so kindly help me 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Soutam Roy 

Please go to the Project Configuration and check which Field configuration the project is using (You may have to check with Issue type if there are multiple field configurations)

Now In Jira admin settings, go to that field configuration and make the field optional

I have attached the screenshots for reference, please let me know if this has solved the issue.

Please analyze the Feild you are referring here is required and make it optional in Jira admin settings. Field Configuration 1.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

FYI,

If you want the field to be required and want the field to be visible, please check the screen scheme in the project settings.

0 votes

HI Pramodh, 

Thanks for your response .Am facing one issue where the subtask i want to create shares its configuration with other issue types . Please let me know if i can get to have a brief call with you over teams/zoom? As i am new to this i dont want to change anything that might affect other projects/field configurations. This won't take much time .

Kind regards ,

Soutam 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2021

Sure, Let me know the time, you can reach me at whiletrueisinfinity@gmail.com

Thanks a lot . Can i set up a call at around 2 PM IST monday 8th Feb ?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2021

Sure

Like Soutam Roy likes this
Soutam Roy February 7, 2021

I have set up a call at 2 PM IST on teams and sent the invite to the email ID : whiletrueisinfinity@gmail.com . Please let know if received .

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events