Custom display for Issuetype labels for epic's issues in navigator

Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

A different Answers question showed how to display the issuetype of sub-tasks as a text label on the parent's issue detail page:

Is there a way I can do this on the issue detail page for an epic, so that I can see the issuetype text label for the issues associated with it?

1 answer

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014
function modifytext(){
    var elements = document.getElementById('greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel').getElementsByClassName("nav issuetype");
    for(var i = 0, length = elements.length; i < length; i++) {
          if( elements[i].innerHTML.match(/img.*/)){
            var extractdata = elements[i].innerHTML;
            var regex = 'alt=\".*?\"';
            var alt = new String(extractdata.match(regex));
            var clean = alt.replace('alt="','');
            var issuetype = clean.replace('"','');
            elements[i].innerHTML = extractdata + ' ' + issuetype;
          }
    }
  }

modifytext()

That probably isn't the best way to do it, but that would be one way to get the name of the issue type to show up next to the icon for the epic view. You could add this javascript to the page using a custom field that only shows up for epics on the view screen.

I tried it and it works just fine. Depending on which JIRA version you are using, this would work fine for you too.

Suggest an answer