Custom Jira Charts

Robyn Williams July 7, 2021

Hi All, 

I am using the custom jira charts gadget and would like to build a chart by Epic Link. However, whenever I attempt to chart by: Epic Link, the data pulls through as "none" and everything is classified as an issue. All my epics have child issues, therefore, I would like it to pull through to show how many issues are under each Epic name. 

Please assist? 

2 answers

0 votes
Morgan Folsom
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2021

Hi Robyn, 

Morgan from Custom Charts here - 

Epic Link is stored on the child issues, so you'll want to make sure that the children of your Epics are included in the chart source. If you just include Epics, none of those technically have any values in the Epic Link field, so it'll look empty. 

If that's still not working for you, let me know! You can also create a ticket in our support portal to help troubleshoot your charts if you'd like!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Are you by chance using TMP projects? TMP doesn’t share the concept of epic link. Rather those projects use Parent for relating TMP tasks to the epic.

Suggest an answer