Custom Fields disappeared in JiRA

Roja Gurram January 27, 2021

Hlo All,

Just a quick question please , i have created 2 custom fields in jira and mapped to project. When i'm searching in Custom fields those 2 fields are not visible and earlier it was there. Can you someone please let me know where these fields has been hidden?

2 answers

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Roja Gurram ,

When did you checked last time. 

If you felt someone deleted or modified.

You can get the information in "Audit Log" id it's set for default 90 days.

Please try .

Thanks.

Roja Gurram January 28, 2021

Hi Anvesh,

I have created fields on Dec 11 2020. I couldn't see relevant info in Audit log like someone has created/modified/deleted.

Note : I only created an custom fields but, not showing in Audit log ( Like Roja has created a CUSTOM FILED ).

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

The second custom field you show in the screenshot has a pretty long name.
I am wondering if there is some special character in it which prevents other custom fields to show up properly on that page and/or prevent other custom fields to be created.

If Audit log looks good - and there were not custom fields deleted according to the Log, they should be still there

If Audit logs does not show the creation of a new custom field - Jira is possibly not creating them at all at the moment.

In order to find out what is currently the actual truth you could query the database for a cross check, more information you can find here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-a-list-of-all-fields-in-a-project-967318426.html

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

Hi,

Where exactly are you looking for those newly created fields? Share the screenshot.

How did you map those fields to the project?

Ravi

Roja Gurram January 28, 2021

HI Ravi Sagar,

Thanks for picking up.

1) Attached screenshot.

Custom.PNG

2) I have added those 2 fields in requested Screens.

Suggest an answer