Custom Field not Displaying on a User Story

Niecole Bruske November 30, 2021

I have recently added several new custom fields that I want to show in my User Story.  I have them all added and I can see them in several of my projects except for one.

When I navigate to the project and then open up a User Story the field is missing.  When I click the Configure at the bottom of the User Story it pops open the "Issue Layout" screen.  The new field shows up and I move it to the "Context Fields" section and click "Save Changes".  I go back and the new field does NOT show up.

In addition when I go to the Issues --> Configure Screens I see the field listed there as well.  It says I have it listed on the Screens as well.

What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Niecole Bruske 

You need to check few places:

• Field Context (if sel;ected Project and Story issue type does not have any context - for example because there is no default field context or there is a contexct for this project but not for this issue type - the field will not be accessible)
  • Filed Configuration (on field configuration assign to this project and Story issue type you can hide custom field)
  • Screen (the field must be on the issue screen)
  • Issue Layout (The screen can be hidden in issue layout)
  • Scripts like ScriptRunenr Behaviour (but I think that behaviour are not available on Cloud?

Regards,

Piotr

Niecole Bruske November 30, 2021

Thank you Piotr!

Field Context was the problem.  I did not have the project selected.  Once I did that, it solved the problem.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer