Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Field not Displaying on a User Story

Edited

I have recently added several new custom fields that I want to show in my User Story.  I have them all added and I can see them in several of my projects except for one.

When I navigate to the project and then open up a User Story the field is missing.  When I click the Configure at the bottom of the User Story it pops open the "Issue Layout" screen.  The new field shows up and I move it to the "Context Fields" section and click "Save Changes".  I go back and the new field does NOT show up.

In addition when I go to the Issues --> Configure Screens I see the field listed there as well.  It says I have it listed on the Screens as well.

What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Niecole Bruske 

You need to check few places:

• Field Context (if sel;ected Project and Story issue type does not have any context - for example because there is no default field context or there is a contexct for this project but not for this issue type - the field will not be accessible)
  • Filed Configuration (on field configuration assign to this project and Story issue type you can hide custom field)
  • Screen (the field must be on the issue screen)
  • Issue Layout (The screen can be hidden in issue layout)
  • Scripts like ScriptRunenr Behaviour (but I think that behaviour are not available on Cloud?

Regards,

Piotr

Thank you Piotr!

Field Context was the problem.  I did not have the project selected.  Once I did that, it solved the problem.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

113 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you