Custom Field - Type

John Cleveland November 9, 2017

I'm needing to create a field that will be to capture text, but it could be more than 500 characters and sometimes less.  When creating a custom field, for selecting a field type, I assume I need to select "Text Field (multi-line)" but my question is where is any documentation showing the allowed length of each field type and so on?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hello, 

I have never seen such documentation but for single line text it would be 255 characters, for multi-line  there are  no limits(of course there are but it is almost impossible for you to hit it and it is much more than 500 characters) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

The length of a text field is limited by database storage, but you can put in a vast amount before you hit it.  Far more than a human will ever bother to read (in that format)

Suggest an answer