Custom Burn down chart

Guillaume Clement September 3, 2013

Hi,

I've added some Estimation fields to the story card (as I have different team working on a card, tech design, dev, test...I know this is not ideal). This kind of a breakdown of the global estimates with an independant remainning Estimate field for each.

Would it be possible to generate some reports from the report tab against those other values ? Instead of the default Estimates Vs Remaning values for a burn down chart ?

Thanks

Best

G

4 answers

4 votes
Guillaume Clement September 3, 2013

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the tip.

Indeed I can select a custom numeric value as the general Estimate and track the progress with the Remaning field and time trakcing, that works absolutely fine.

But what I'm really looking for is the capability to split a card into let's say 3 sub-estimates (tech design, coding, validation) with independant charts.

Maybe I shoudl create sub-task for a card ?

Best

G

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2013

Hi G,

Based on this documentation of burndown charts here, the vertical axis of your Burndown chart is based on the configured tracking statistic, which can be changed to use different fields or values as mentioned in this documentation - Configuring Estimation and Tracking

Per Ellverson February 22, 2017

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Mouli July 26, 2019

The page has moved.. Correct Url is here:

configuring-estimation-and-tracking

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Guillaume Cleme2 

Try our Great Gadgets app. It includes a set of gadgets (including Sprint Burndown/Burnup, Release Burndown/Burnup, Team velocity, Kanban velocity/throughput) that can be configured to calculate by any custom numerical custom field. The gadgets can display also a "Data" tab,  which can serve as a report.  

Danut.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

Hi Guillaume!

PDF View Plugin has a Burn Down Chart that is fully customizable (sample), albeit it requires a little Groovy scripting.

Regarding your specific use case:

1. You should modify the script "burn-down-chart.groovy" to calculate multiple metrics (design, coding, validation) and to draw 3 separate lines to the chart
  2. The template itself ("burn-down-chart-fo.vm") does not need to be modified.

Read this tutorial: http://midori.hu/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/

Suggest an answer