Custom Burn down chart

Hi,

I've added some Estimation fields to the story card (as I have different team working on a card, tech design, dev, test...I know this is not ideal). This kind of a breakdown of the global estimates with an independant remainning Estimate field for each.

Would it be possible to generate some reports from the report tab against those other values ? Instead of the default Estimates Vs Remaning values for a burn down chart ?

Thanks

Best

G

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Sep 03, 2013

Hi G,

Based on this documentation of burndown charts here, the vertical axis of your Burndown chart is based on the configured tracking statistic, which can be changed to use different fields or values as mentioned in this documentation - Configuring Estimation and Tracking

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the tip.

Indeed I can select a custom numeric value as the general Estimate and track the progress with the Remaning field and time trakcing, that works absolutely fine.

But what I'm really looking for is the capability to split a card into let's say 3 sub-estimates (tech design, coding, validation) with independant charts.

Maybe I shoudl create sub-task for a card ?

Best

G

Hi Guillaume!

PDF View Plugin has a Burn Down Chart that is fully customizable (sample), albeit it requires a little Groovy scripting.

Regarding your specific use case:

1. You should modify the script "burn-down-chart.groovy" to calculate multiple metrics (design, coding, validation) and to draw 3 separate lines to the chart
  2. The template itself ("burn-down-chart-fo.vm") does not need to be modified.

Read this tutorial: http://midori.hu/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,482 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you