Cumulative Flow Diagram: Wrong snapshots?

Ari Vésteinsson March 28, 2019

I am new to using the Cumulative Flow Diagram but the historical data does not make sense to me.

I have a Kanban board populated with all issues from several projects. The board has 6 columns, one column ("Testing") contains issues from a single status ("In testing").

I filter the Cumulative Flow Diagram on a single project (swimlane) and a single column ("Testing"), using a custom time-range of a week.

Comparing a snapshot from a particular date on the Cumulative Flow Diagram to using the following JQL:  project = myproject and status was "in testing" DURING ("2019/02/13 17:05","2019/02/13 17:06"), I get 5 from the diagram and 29 from the JQL. 29 being the correct figure. I have taken several such snapshots and the Cumulative Flow Diagram is always too low.

Why does the Cumulative Flow Diagram not show me the correct snapshot values?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2019

Hi Ari - Welcome to the Community!

Have you looked at which issues show up on the JQL but not the CFD to see if there is anything in common? Or something that might prevent it from showing up? Maybe notice current status of the ones not showing?

Can you provide one of the screenshots?

Ari Vésteinsson March 29, 2019

Hi John, 

thank you for responding.

It is difficult comparing the issues behind the CFD and the JQL since the CFD seems to show the issues as they enter the state ("In testing" in this case).

Are the following screenshots of use?:

CFD:
2019-03-29 13_06_25-HC development total - Agile Board - Origo - Service Support System.png

JQL:2019-03-29 13_05_22-Issue Navigator - Origo - Service Support System.png

Suggest an answer