Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card is declined - ACP 620

elhabib.damani June 3, 2021

Hello,

I contact you because, when you try to purchase ACP 620 course, the credit card is declined.

I called my bank (i am french) and they told me that this is a security issue in your site.

Is there another solution ?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

"Credit card declined" is almost always that the bank declined to pay, not the vendor.  The vendor says "is this card ok to take X from" and its the bank that says no.  "A security issue in the vendor site" is something the bank would already have told Atlassian about and have had it fixed, as it would be blocking everything from at least one set of the main credit card schemes.  It's really up to your bank to give you more detail on why they've refused it.

However, that's not always the case.  And even if it is, it's still something that needs to be seen by Atlassian's billing.

We're not Atlassian here though, we're a community of people here to talk about Atlassian stuff!

Raise it with support over at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and select "billing" in the first question to get it routed to the money people.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. 

My bank told me that Atlassian doesn't want to use a security tool (for example : SMS) which is mandatory in France.

So, in France, maybe in Europe, we can't purchase in the Atlassian site anymore. 

I think it is a big issue and I have written a request for the support.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

I don't think that's right.

France is the fourth or fifth largest user base for Atlassian tools and no-one else there seems to be reporting this as a problem.   Certainly not in Europe as the UK and Germany are larger.  

And two of our employees (one French, one Spanish) have not had this problem buying their courses this week.  

Maybe it depends on the banks.

I will try with another bank.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Maybe.  I think you and I are working in the dark - we don't know what the bank is doing and we don't know what Atlassian's payment systems are doing either!  

Well worth going to Atlassian to find out if it is their end, as your bank says, but yes, also worth trying another bank.  

I'm not sure if there are other systems in France (or the uk for that matter), but here I've got three "big" providers of transfers - you can have accounts and credit cards from all sorts of different places (not just banks!), but all the credit cards in my pocket transfer money via Visa, Mastercard or Amex.  If I have something fail on a visa card, I just try a mastercard or Amex instead!  Don't even look at which bank/shop/media-provider the card is from!

Like elhabib.damani likes this

Please, can you know if your colleague's bank is "Société Générale" ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Oddly, I think I might!  I don't usually care about other people's banks, but he was with BNP Paribas and that jumped out because I used to work for them.  Doesn't mean that's the account he used, but it's probably not a bad guess.

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried to purchase the course with another bank (Banque Postale - Visa card). 

I really don't know how your colleagues could do it.

I will contact Atlassian.

Thank you.

elhabib.damani June 4, 2021

Hello,

I give you the last answer from the support : 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I've researched the issue and it appears that there recently have been issues processing credit card transactions through the Atlassian University site. The workaround is to purchase the courses using training credits. The training credits will be paid through My.Atlassian which should prevent the credit card security issue.

In order to generate the quote for training credits, please provide your organization name and complete billing address.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Elmer
Customer Advocate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there is an issue.

I have tried with the training credits but you have to use... a credit card :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2021

My guess would be the training credits might be being bought using a different payment system, so it might not have the problems the direct-buy system is having?

I know Atlassian have many payment systems, it often feels like it's a different one for every single type of thing you might buy from them.  (heck, there's three ways to get swag, even before you look at the two options partners have on top)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events