Creator of issue always listed as the same person via link with integration.

Justin April 1, 2020

When we create an issue in Jira from our Zoho board in which we are integrated with, the creator of the issue is always our product owner/manager. How can we get it to be the actual support agent who creates the issue via the link?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2020

Hello @Justin ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand correctly you have integrated Jira with Zoho board and every time a issue is created in Jira from Zoho, is always created using the same account. 

Is this correct?

If this is correct and if you are following the steps in below documentation to integrate the 2 tools, then I am afraid this is the expected behavior since you provide a user email address and API Token to integrate the tools:

I am saying this is expected, since you are providing a specific user credentials to authenticate into Jira and therefore I assume all the issues in Jira will be created using that account.

As a workaround you may want to create a user (maybe named zoho) to be only used for the integration.  

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer