Creation of custom JIRA board (Kanban)

Anuradha Yadav July 15, 2021

Hi Team,

We have request to create custom Jira board As below. Could you guide how can we achieve this?

JIRA custom board (002).png

Also, few things we would like to know in detail. Like:

1. What’s the maximum limit of tickets in Product Backlog.
  2. When Deferred tickets will move back to backlog?
  3. How to do color-code the tickets in Jira.

Regards,

Anu

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Yadav welcome to the Atlassian community.

I see that you have good amount of filters and lot of columns in Kanban board.

Please be informed their is no correct or wrong answers. I would suggest, please continue with the same Kanban board with different phases of your project. 

For filters, you may use components or labels fields (as per your board configurations by Jira admin) to track and releases.

Other queries:

Q) What’s the maximum limit of tickets in Product Backlog.

Answer>> There is no limit to product backlog set in Jira software. You may have 100's to 1000's of backlog packed in the backlog section.

Q) When Deferred tickets will move back to backlog?

Answer>> When ever the tickets are deferred, you will have an ask from Jira if you want them to move to backlog or to next Sprint. You may choose as per your project stance.

Q) How to do color-code the tickets in Jira.

Answer>> To do this, you need to have board managing or Jira admin permissions. Please check this detailed Customize cards link for steps.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Anuradha Yadav July 15, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam ,

Thanks for the answer!

No I mean that I want to create new Kanban project as shown in my Snip. How can I do that?

Also thanks for the answers to my questions.

Regards,

Anu

Like G subramanyam likes this
0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Yadav

seeing that you already received so many good and useful information from @G subramanyam I would like to recommend Atlassian's Agile Coach to you (I will link the Kanban section) which provides a very good overview - in past days it helped my a lot to understand principles but also Jira configuration when it comes to Board.

I thought - it could just be helpful.

Regards,
Daniel

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Thank you @Daniel Ebers 

yes, the Agile Coach link has good amount of stuff to better plan and understand the Jira as a tool.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Yadav please follow the steps on this link to create boards 

Suggest an answer