I am currently involved in a project were we are using Jira as our Sprint board. Our Sprint Board is made up of Epics, Stories, sub tasks and Bug. So far, besides Bugs, all three issue types have the same field values.
The image above shows the fields I see when I create an issue type. What I would like to do is I would like to be able to create a Issue Type called "Risk" with a completely different set of fields needed to be filled in (for example, their would not be a Summary field for the Risk Issue Type). I am able to create custom fields as can be seen below but because they share the same Field Configuration Scheme any custom field that are created are shared among all Issue Type (besides Bug). I have tried to follow this documentation to associate a different field configuration scheme to an issue type but the documentation is outdated.
Hello @Yakub Mohamoud ,
If you want to customize the different fields for "Risk" issue type. Please check these below steps.
1. Create "Risk" Issue type.
2. Create 3 Screens as a) Create Screen b) Edit Screen C) View Screen for 'Risk' Issuetype
3. Add / Create fields that are required for "Risk" and place them on the above three screens
4. Create a screen scheme, and associate the above three screens for CREATE, EDIT, VIEW operations accordingly.
5. Go to Project Settings --> Issue Type Screen Schemes --> Customize --> Add newly configures screen scheme with "Risk" issue type.
6. If you need any Field as required or Hide you can create a new "Field Configuration" and associate this with the "Risk" issue type in the project " Field Configuration Scheme".
Try these and let us know.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I have followed all steps and this solution does not seem to work and has in fact caused a few issues with the other stories (configuration issue). Would it be possible to jump on a quick call to help me sort this out?
Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events