Creating multiple boards in the new agility project template

Anthony Jenkins January 4, 2018

Hi all,

I am using the new agility project template and am trying to create multiple boards. I have multiple scrum teams working from one backlog, so have created different components for the teams and want to create a board for each scrum team/component. When I try to create a new board I get the following error:

Cannot create board: You're using the new agility project template, which is currently in beta stage and can only display 1 board at a time. We're working on updating this right now, which means you'll receive more power and features soon.

Does anyone else have this error, and any ideas how I can get around it?

Thanks,

Anthony

2 answers

1 vote
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Hey Anthony, It was great speaking with you at Team Tour! 

When creating a project with the agility template, only 1 board is allowed at this time. It's a new template type and still in the beta stage. Perhaps they will change this at some point, but I think it's by design to make it really simple to get started with agile.

Since you can't change a project's type in Jira Cloud, the work-around is to create a new project and bulk move the tickets from your agility project into a new project type that allows for multiple boards. Since there are no configurations associated with an agility project, you won't need to migrate any settings. This is a safe operation to run. :)

Anthony Jenkins February 21, 2018

Great to meet you too Ben. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. I'll go for the bulk move tomorrow.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

I’m not using the new agility project type as yet but - Have you tried creating the board with the location being in your profile?

when you go to create a ne board you should have the option (last field) to change from the project to your profile. You can also go directly to you profile page and create a new board from there. 

Anthony Jenkins January 4, 2018

Thanks for the quick response Jack. I've tried creating the board to my profile, which works, but I want my teams to be able to see it as a standard board within the project. It seems I can share the board with users, but it still doesn't appear as a board under the project (so seems to defeat the point in having different boards for the teams).

Suggest an answer