Creating multiple boards in the new agility project template

Hi all,

I am using the new agility project template and am trying to create multiple boards. I have multiple scrum teams working from one backlog, so have created different components for the teams and want to create a board for each scrum team/component. When I try to create a new board I get the following error:

Cannot create board: You're using the new agility project template, which is currently in beta stage and can only display 1 board at a time. We're working on updating this right now, which means you'll receive more power and features soon.

Does anyone else have this error, and any ideas how I can get around it?

Thanks,

Anthony

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 04, 2018

I’m not using the new agility project type as yet but - Have you tried creating the board with the location being in your profile?

when you go to create a ne board you should have the option (last field) to change from the project to your profile. You can also go directly to you profile page and create a new board from there. 

Thanks for the quick response Jack. I've tried creating the board to my profile, which works, but I want my teams to be able to see it as a standard board within the project. It seems I can share the board with users, but it still doesn't appear as a board under the project (so seems to defeat the point in having different boards for the teams).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

240 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot