• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating issue into a project with issuetype and with request type from jira api?

I'm trying to create a issue from jira api

{
"fields":{
"project":{
"key": "SOME"
},
"summary": "TESTIN",
"issuetype":{
"name": "Service Request"
},
"customfeld_23681": "example/exampleeee"
// this is customefield for customer request type 

}
}

1 answer

1 vote

Hello Praveen and welcome to the Community!

Congratulations on moving into the Jira API to assist with creating issues. I see your JSON payload within your post, but what I am uncertain about is the issue you are running into. Could you please give us further information into the problems you may be facing or possible the error codes?

We look forward to your response to help get you up and running with the API.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Hey Stephen, 

Thanks  for writing me,  i found out the solution well before that let me tell you what my question is,

Q. I'm trying to create and "issue" into a "project type" well, when i want create i have another "request type" field which also need to set from my  JSON playload. Which i am trying to set with {customfield_1111="example",}  but it didn't worked?

Ans.  Simple is that i don't have that filed in  issue create screens its inside subtask screen so i bought it to issue screen then was able to create .

Thanks & Regards

Praveen

Reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-request-type-when-creating-an-issue-via-rest-api-using-rest-api-2-issue-endpoint-938041214.html

{Make sure that the Customer Request Type is added to the create issue screen. }

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

827 views 2 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you