Creating a ticket that contains a form to fill out

Vanessa Vun May 4, 2021

I'm creating a competency board in which tickets are assessment forms for people's competency. When someone's competency is due, the ticket will be moved into the status of "upcoming assessment". And when their supervisor is working on filling out their ticket, the status goes to "in progress".

An example of such form is this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 5.22.10 PM.png

Right now, I'm creating custom fields of each line. For example, a custom field is:

"Pre-amplification: DTS" - Checkboxes: Competent, Not competent, Not applicable

I can't think of a way to group A. Sample preparation and B. Assays separately.

Any ideas on how I can create a ticket that contain these information in groups?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Vun and welcome to the community!

Really grouping these fields together on one page isn't an option I'm afraid. You could work with Tab's to group them but that might not be the most elegant way to do it.

I think we might need to re-assess your requirement here a bit to see if we cant come up with a more elegant solution.

Pesonally I don't feel creating everything as a custom field (this will be a lot of them I guess?) will

• not be great for your form design
  • management of these fields
  • performance for your system 

Have you considered using a Confluence page for this feedback? This will also allow you track these pages better and report on them.

If you wish to move the document itself through statusses, there do exist apps for that too. But then again this hinges on you also having Confluence.

As a side note, Atlassian did recently acquire ThinkTilk, the creators of ProForma which is a form design tool so perhaps for the future this might become better.

Vanessa Vun May 5, 2021

Thank you for your thorough response. We do have Confluence but I am not sure how it tracks these pages? What are the apps that can track document statuses?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Not to  endorse any app but one I've used is Comala Document Management

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/142/comala-document-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It allows you to add approvals to documents, e-sign them, add workflows to track them through stages (draft/review/..)

I feel Confluence would be the way to go as you could also create specific templates for job descriptions and have a page created based on that for a specific employee.

Let my opinion not fully guide you on how to work, I'm far from an expert in that particular field but it just seems to make more sense to me to work in a sort of document structure which then could be linked to a ticket for follow-up (maybe in Jira Work Management?)

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans thank you for suggesting Comala Document Management.

@Vanessa Vun if you are interested in a Confluence based solution, Comala Document Management could be an option for you depending on your business process and hosting - there are currently some differences in capability between Server / DC and Cloud. 

Reach out to our Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com if you want to discuss your requirements.

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

0 votes
Answer accepted
andrewd May 5, 2021

Hello Vanessa.

Have you considered using ProForma to meet you business/use-case needs? At present there is a full paid version and a free Lite version that limits to building three custom form templates. ProForma Lite may help you build a form prototype that will reduce your need for as many custom fields, and it supports different question types including checkboxes.

If you are interested in knowing more, Here is a link explaining the difference between the paid and lite versions.

See linked here a link to the ProForma documentation for your reference as well.

I hope this info helps.

Regards,

Andrew.

Vanessa Vun May 10, 2021

Thank you for the suggestion!

Suggest an answer