Creating a supplier re-evaluation form

Yair December 22, 2021

Hi guys

Im a noob to Jira and Confluence. The company i started working for has been using Jira for years but they have thrown me in the deep end trying to figure stuff out myself.

We have a number of suppliers which need annual re-evaluation. I have been charged with setting up a new process for this.

We have the original supplier request forms which have been filled out. What I want to do is have the relevant employees see their original form and fill out a new form based on it. 

Once the re-evaluation is done by the employees, the forms need to be reviewed by the privacy officer. The forms need to have options stating no change, minor change, major change. Once the form is filled out it should go to the board.

1. Which would be the best Project to choose for this?
  2. Can I link the original forms in confluence to this new form?
  3. How can I create a unique form for each supplier which has their original info and the new input info.

I hope this makes sense. If anyone can help out this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2022

Hi Yair,

I understand that you want to be able to create a form for a supplier to complete.  While Jira Service Management does have an approval workflow aspect that might be helpful here, the form itself is where I would want to focus on first.

Confluence can be helpful here to a point, but I don't think that it will, by itself, provide all the functions/features you want here.  I suggest taking a closer look into one of the apps in Marketplace that provide such forms, here is an example search.  These kinds of apps extend the functionality of the base product (Jira or Confluence depending on the app). 

I don't have a specific one to recommend here, as I have not tried to build this specific kind of form myself, but I suspect that many of these will be helpful in providing most if not all the functions you are looking for here.  You might find an app for Jira or an app for Confluence that provides you the ability to create this kind of form, reuse it, share it with external users, etc.  Once you have the form the way you want it, then if you need to integrate this with a Jira workflow approval, that can be setup within a Jira Service Management type project.  But my thought is to focus on the forms functionality first.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events